Thursday, February 23, 2012

Use It Up! Wk.8

This project was started several weeks ago because of the challenge made by Sarah. The cover is a cereal box, with ends and one side cute off. I was inspired to use paper clay by Barb and Paperclay Ornaments The word 'to' is die cut. Inspire was also die cute, but I used LSG embossing powder, Royal Burgundy Blue, which I think is my favorite. The paper is packing that had been saved. I sprayed it with A LOT of different LSG Starburst sprays. I did use Rangers Ink Refresher also, but because I used 2 coats of Mod Podge, you can't tell.
The spine is my favorite!! I was inspire by the very creative Jennibellie. I did have to add to beads that I've had around here, but most are paper beads that I had made.

I used the Stack the Deck method to bind. The 8 envelopes, were some large purple ones that I've had FOREVER! I used scraps to cover the envelops and the tags.
My plans for the book is to fill it with quotes and at that time I will embellish it with some the many ribbon, buttons and chipboard pieces that I have.

This is Junior, who was lazily supervising the photo shoot. I had many friends who gave helpful advice in making my book!

If you would like to know more about the UIU challenge check out Fran's blogpost.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Organzing Lindy's

So I'm TRYING to get organzied.

Most of my spray bottles were already filled and the little colored dot put on top. So then the next order came and sat and sat. Finally got around to fixing up the bottles last night. The small shoebox has the LSG Moon Shadow Mist and Adirondac Color Washes. The large has all my Starburst Stains.

This is my spray booth, it's a 14x15in. box that some speakers came in.

These tags have my LSG embossing colors. For each color I stamped with Versamark on white cs and then on black cs. I used the same SU stamp for all of them. I also used the small and large tag punch from SU. The back of the tags I made labels with names of the colors. It is very handy to the differences in the colors.

Well this is part of the UIU challenge, getting my supplies ready!

If you would like to know more about the UIU challenge check out Fran's blogpost.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

I wish I was a cat!

My parents asked me to make a card to send to a friend of theirs that needed a bit of cheering. So I've been wanting to try doing something with an image from Free Vintage Stamps this was a perfect opportunity.

Using a word processing program, I imported the image and resized it and then just copied and paste 3 more times. I printed it on 'index weight' paper, then cut out less of the imagine each time.
The first layer was mounted on a piece of cereal box that was put through the Xyron and I colored the lettering.
The second layer the stool was colored, the third her ribbon and socks, the last the kitten and puppy.

I used Twinkling H2Os to color. I decide to glue each layer, because foam dots would make it too high.

The inside I put the patterned paper on some cereal box with the Xyron and cut with the some Sizzix dies.

All of the paper was found in my scrap box.