Sunday, February 5, 2012

I wish I was a cat!

My parents asked me to make a card to send to a friend of theirs that needed a bit of cheering. So I've been wanting to try doing something with an image from Free Vintage Stamps this was a perfect opportunity.




Using a word processing program, I imported the image and resized it and then just copied and paste 3 more times. I printed it on 'index weight' paper, then cut out less of the imagine each time.
The first layer was mounted on a piece of cereal box that was put through the Xyron and I colored the lettering.
The second layer the stool was colored, the third her ribbon and socks, the last the kitten and puppy.

I used Twinkling H2Os to color. I decide to glue each layer, because foam dots would make it too high.



The inside I put the patterned paper on some cereal box with the Xyron and cut with the some Sizzix dies.

All of the paper was found in my scrap box.

6 comments:

  1. Love your layering on this card, Diane! Beautiful. I bet it's just the perfect thing to make the friend smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Card Diane.. love the vintage image and all the intricut die cuts// the flourishes are amazing :-) I'm sure your mum & dads friend will love it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is just wonderful!!! Great job on it! *huggles* =0)

    ReplyDelete